Well, obviously we are back online. Miraculously, it only took a few weeks to get the underwater cable fixed in the Indian Ocean although reports were saying it would take up to four months. We are thankful to be re-connected. Amazing how dependant you become on cell phone and Internet communications, even here in the middle of Africa.
Celebrating Children: June 1st is Children's Day in Mozambique. Obviously, we have a heart for the children of Mozambique but we feel it is especially important to try to impart that heart to Mozambican adults as well. Unfortunately, here children are often regarded as burdens, objects or slaves. To help remedy this June 6th, Andrea and the boys will help missionaries, Rosane and Luciana, who are from Brazil, host a Children's celebration at the local church Mudzingadzee Foursquare Church. We will have fun playing games, teaching about how much Jesus loves children and giving them special treats. At the same time Marc will be inside preaching a message on God's heart for loving children. It is sure to be a fun day!
Bible Study: Andrea recently wrapped up teaching a study on James during the women's Bible study she is leading and has now started in Psalms. In Psalms it is neat to see God's clear and perfect instructions are given to His people for living a Godly life and that obedience promises blessing. He is faithful and worthy of our praise.
Hand of Blessing: This month has been another month that we have been privileged to be the hand of blessing for others. An American NGO worker was packing up her organization to leave Mozambique and wanted to donate some items to a few different missions. We were able to receive them from her and then distribute to two different missions. They received medical supplies, toothbrushes, balls, stuffed animals, sewing machines, water purification bottles, clothes, blankets, etc. What a blessing!
We want to thank you for standing with us through prayer, encouraging notes, packages and financial support. Your gifts and generosity turns our hopes of living and serving here into a reality. Thank you!
Please celebrate with us these praises!
- A HUGE answer to prayer came this month. We finally received paperwork that we have been praying for the last 10 months. It is significant for us because we want to make sure we are in proper order with all the local community governmental offices and this document allows that to happen.
- Faithful prayer and financial supporters.
- We pre-bought farinha (corn flour) to distribute to the widows and orphans of the church but the manager of the store pocketed the money and we are now being denied the farinha. This means we will have to either not distribute or try to come up with the funds to replace what we have already purchased. Please pray that this problem can be resolved and for us to have wisdom.
- That the Children's celebration will go well and that the children will truly understand God's love for them.
- Marc will be traveling to Northern Mozambique June 14-20th. He will be assisting in hosting some Brazilian pastors as they attend the National Foursquare church's conference. Please pray for safety as they travel some very remote roads and for a good time of fellowship and ministry to the local people and national pastors in that area. Also, for the boys and I as we stay home during that week.