January 14, 2011

Worthy of Meditation

"Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things."-Phillipians 4:8


 
Lately, I have been reading a blog called, "A Holy Experience."
It has often challenged me and most days I feel it truly is a holy experience.
It has been good for my soul. It's inspired me to dig deeper into God's grace and rest in His love.
Many days it causes me to pause, to re-evaluate things, to take inventory, to ask myself the hard questions, to humble myself, to give thanks, to weep, to repent, to celebrate, to pray.
"He is love, the tender Physician God who keeps tab of the every ache, a doting Father who soul-fissures when His child cries, the God who keeps the ledgers of every pain, every scrape, every brimming, falling, searing tear."
~~~~~
"It’s what you’re doing in the quiet and the hidden that speaks the loudest."
~~~~~
"If God makes a list of my laments, I will make a list of God’s love.
If God has a list of my pain, I will make a list of my praise.
If God writes a list of my tears, I will write a list of my thanks.

It’s Love that makes God and I list keepers.
And keeping the list of His love, keeps me in joy."
~~~~~
"Only speak words that make souls stronger."
~~~~~
"God, hear me saying….
I am dry and brittle and
ready to snap.
God, I hear You saying…
How else to be kindling for
a burning bush?"
~~~~~
"Forget figuring out how to form a habit. I’m not there yet. First, what are the few habits worth wearing?"
~~~~~
"The way in which we live our moments, our choices for the gift of the next 24 hours, are rungs on a ladder. The rungs take us somewhere. These moments are rungs scaling each and everyday… making a life."

No comments: