December 14, 2009

Sad Goodbyes

This week is very busy and normally I would be thinking I can't wait until this week is over. Yet this week, I am not saying those things. I don't want this week to end. Not because I don't want to get through all the busy things I have to do but because it will also bring us great sadness. At the end of this week our very special friends, Francois & Charmain, are leaving Mozambique and moving back to South Africa. It is sad for our whole family. They have two boys exactly the same age as our boys and they are best buddies. The boys will miss sleepovers, playdates, video games, running around outside, and swimming with them. Marc and Francois are also good friends and enjoy spending time together. I think they will miss their man chats. Charmain and I have clicked since we first met and I will miss her companionship, her beautiful laugh and smile, and her constant desire for more of the Lord. It has been a treasure to find friends that our whole family has grown to love. At times it doesn't seem fair. Many come and many go in this country because it is not an easy place to live. I sometimes think that when you are so far from "home" and already lonely it makes goodbyes that much more difficult. But then again, maybe it makes goodbyes easier because you are becoming somewhat experienced in it. I don't know all I know is that often people move on from our lives but sometimes they never leave our hearts. This is the case with our friends, Francois & Charmain. Although we are sad they are leaving our everyday lives we know we will see them becasue we plan to make a point of taking a holiday in South Africa and visiting them soon.



No comments: