September 26, 2009

A Day At The Beach





Today we took the boys to the beach. It takes us about 2 1/2 hours drive one-way to get to Beira which is the coastal city. We needed to take some friends to pick up there car they were buying so we decided to make a day of it and let the boys enjoy the Indian Ocean. We accessed the beach through a place called Club Nautica which is a restaurant literally on the edge of the beach.

It was a fantastic day in so many ways. Let's see I could talk about:
  • a safe, relatively non-bumpy car ride ( so we hit a few potholes but they are hard to avoid when they nearly cover the entire road)
  • the great food at the club restaurant(best we have ever eaten in Moz)
  • the view of the ocean and the fishing boats (so peaceful and relaxing-just what we needed)
  • watching our boys enjoy themselves doing something very familiar-playing in the sand and the waves (after all they are kind of Florida beach boys)
  • the neat treasures the boys found (sand dollars that will be bleached and turned into Christmas ornaments)
  • the service at the restaurant (it was pretty quick and non-confusing and they even had what we all ordered which is not the ordinary here)
  • the sunburns the boys now have (thank goodness the local market sells aloe vera lotion)
But I think I will talk about the BATHROOM. Yep, you heard me I said the bathroom and although I know to you that may seem strange to me it is something to celebrate because they had a GREAT bathroom. You may ask what makes a great bathroom, ok maybe you aren't asking that but I am going to tell you anyway what I think makes a great bathroom.
  1. A toilet seat and to top it off it was even attached
  2. Running water to flush with AND in the sink to wash your hands
  3. Toilet paper
  4. Unsoiled floors
  5. Pleasant smelling
  6. Soap to use to wash your hands
  7. A working light
What a delightful experience and by far the best bathroom I have EVER used in Mozambique and lets just say I have some stories behind that one.

I thought I would share some photos of our day with you and NO I did not get a photo of the bathroom. Sorry I should have been on the ball and documented it. Hope you enjoy!

No comments: