September 29, 2009

In Honor of Fall in New Hampshire


I am a New England girl, from New Hampshire to be precise. And right about now I am missing it greatly. Fall is my favorite time of the year for so many reasons:


  • Apple Picking

  • Smell of Woodstoves Burning

  • The Deerfield Fair

  • Cool, crisp, Sweater Wearing Days

  • Hayrides

  • Pumpkin Patches

  • Gorgeous Leaves Displaying Brilliant Reds, Oranges, and Yellows

Although, I am far from Fall and actually entering a HOT summer soon I decided to honor my roots. Today, because I was missing home and the idea of visiting the Deerfield Fair and because it was a rainy, cool day I made Potato Soup Bread Bowls. Yummy!

I guess the important thing to remember is although we have sights, smells and people that remind us of home this earth is not our true home. Heaven IS. I can't imagine what type of sensory overload I will experience when I get to Heaven all I know is that I long for it, my true home much more than my earthly one. Can't wait, can you?

No comments: